My strange desire to know everything perhaps comes from my father, who is like a living encyclopedia himself. Not only does he speak many languages, whenever you gave him a topic, literally anything, he could have something to tell you (not anything quite mathematical though - just like me - we are both genuine maths haters).
It is quite shocking to witness how many people of our generation do not know what is going on. Many people nowadays have locked themselves up in their own social circle, carrying the horrid 'don't care' attitude. The Internet is here, for the purpose of sharing information, but thanks to Facebook, such a limited amount of knowledge is actually shared.
Yet don't take me wrong for boasting myself as an extremely knowledgeable person. Even though I occasionally find myself in a position where I know more about than my peers do, there is still a whole lot of things that are unknown to me (which I want to know!!!). And I do understand why most people cba to research something they don't understand. First, news articles are something monotonous and long; second, sometimes it gets so complicated so we give up; third, you're in the middle course of the news and you don't know what have previously happened; fourth, you just don't know where to start! But for those who think that they don't have to know because 'it doesn't have anything to do with me', I just have to feel sorry for them and hope they could leave their Facebook or Twitter or whatever for a while and come and have a look.
It sounds like things I am going to include in this blog will be just news. But I actually want to cover everything. From Tutankhamun to Kim Jong Il, from relatively to the Academy Awards (sorry they are just so random!) - literally ANYTHING we want to know. Einstein once said that if you can't explain something simply, then you don't understand it thoroughly. So here I challenge myself to explain these things in the simplest way and everything that is explained can be understood within 5 minutes.
So here I am, aim of this blog:
- To motivate myself to learn more about something that I've been wanting to know
- To help people who struggle to know something that they want to know
- To try and make something boring and tedious more interesting and understandable
- To create a informative platform for anyone who can explain something quite simply
- To let us all realise what the world is like and what is going on!
Lastly, if there is anything you find difficult to understand, send me a message or comment below. I will try my very best to create a post for it ASAP!
Nice :) Respect. Did you know that only a tiny minority of people can actually taste cucumbers, and that those people are very likely not to like cucumbers?
ReplyDeleteA good website for knowledge if you haven't heard of it already: www.sporcle.com
Looking forward to any North Korea stuff you do :)
TSR ftw btw :D
ReplyDeleteAh I'm so glad someone replied, Thanks! North Korea...definitely coming soon! But I will try not to post so much about countries in one go (I need to suppress my geography enthusiasm, I need to be more diverse haha). So please so check back :) P.S. Can't love TSR more!
DeleteHey, sorry for such a late reply. I never get emailed about comments for some reason. Got a lot of catching up to do on your blog :D Gonna keep me entertained for a good while by the looks of it, yeey.
Delete